The Zybo Z7 is a feature-rich, ready-to-use embedded software and digital circuit development board built around the Xilinx Zynq-7000 family. This is the second generation update to the popular Zybo that was released in 2012. The Zynq family is based on the Xilinx All Programmable System-on-Chip (AP SoC) architecture, which tightly integrates a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Xilinx 7-series Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic. The Zybo Z7 surrounds the Zynq with a rich set of multimedia and connectivity peripherals to create a formidable single-board computer, even before considering the flexibility and power added by the FPGA. The Zybo Z7's video-capable feature set, including a MIPI CSI-2 compatible Pcam connector, HDMI input, HDMI output, and high DDR3L bandwidth, was chosen to make it an affordable solution for the high end embedded vision applications that Xilinx FPGAs are popular for. Attaching additional hardware is made easy by the Zybo Z7's Pmod connectors, allowing access to Digilent's catalog of over 70 Pmod peripheral boards, including motor controllers, sensors, displays, and more.
If you are migrating from the original Zybo, please take a look at the Migration Guide.
- Xilinx XC7Z010-1CLG400C / XC7Z020-1CLG400C
- 1 GB DDR3L with 32-bit bus @ 1066 MHz
- 16 MB Quad-SPI Flash
- Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- USB OTG PHY with host and device support
- Pcam camera connector with MIPI CSI-2 support
- HDMI sink port (input)
- HDMI source port (output)
- Audio codec with stereo headphone, stereo line-in, and microphone jacks
- Pmod connectors
- Powered from USB or any 5V external power source
- ZYBO Z7-20 comes with SDSoC voucher