▶ Product Description
Discover More with the New Analog Discovery 3
Digilent’s latest multi-function test and measurement device, also known as the AD3, is a digital oscilloscope, logic analyzer, waveform generator, pattern generator, and much more. Using the flexible WaveForms software (supported by Windows, Mac, and Linux), the Analog Discovery 3 can be used in the lab, in the field, or even at home - you're no longer tied down to a traditional benchtop and stacks of expensive test instruments.
Like its predecessor, the Analog Discovery 3 is a portable USB-powered test and measurement device, though it now features an upgraded USB-C® connection. It’s lightweight and small enough to fit in your pocket or backpack, so it becomes an exceptional companion for any engineer.
Expanded WaveForms Features
The Analog Discovery 3 boasts a larger-than-ever buffer size, allowing more data to be sent through the waveform generator and received through the mixed signal (analog and digital) oscilloscope. It also has an increased sampling rate of up to 125 MS/s on all channels and a more potent power supply (up to 800 mA). The larger buffers allow you to capture longer records at high resolution and enable more complex AWG signals. Modulated AWG signals also take advantage of larger buffers, and more complex modulated signals have been added including phase modulation and summation.
This iteration of our most popular Analog Discovery digital oscilloscope also allows engineers access to new powerful features in WaveForms like the FIR (finite impulse response) Filter. Through the use of optional FIR filters on Oscilloscope input channels, users can reduce the amount of high frequency noise that could affect the quality of their measurements. Digital loopback of captured signals to the AWG, both filtered and unfiltered, is now supported. AWG output signals can now also be recaptured through digital loopback and displayed alongside signals returned from a circuit under test.
The AD3 is built on the next generation Xilinx FPGA, opening up even more features and future enhancements over time with software updates.
The Analog Discovery 3 has access to all of the adapters and accessories from its previous version, as well as the new Audio Adapter+ (coming soon!). These accessories, like the Transistor Tester, Impedance Analyzer, and Breadboard Adapter, are available to buy from our online store.
If you’re looking to buy an oscilloscope, the AD3 is a digital oscilloscope option that is a complete solution, meaning that you won’t have to shop for more benchtop equipment.
- Two differential channels with 14-bit resolution at up to 125 MS/s per channel with a +/-25 V input range, 30+ MHz bandwidth with BNC Adapter
- User-configurable input filters and lock-in amplifier
- FFT, Spectrogram, Eye Diagram, XY Plot views, and more
Arbitrary Waveform Generator:
- Two channels with 14-bit resolution at up to 125 MS/s per channel with a +/-5 V output range, 12 MHz bandwidth with BNC Adapter
- Standard waveforms, amplitude and frequency modulated signals, direct playback from analog inputs, custom waveforms, and more
Logic Analyzer and Pattern Generator:
- 16 digital I/O channels at up to 125 MS/s per channel
- Individually-configurable 3.3 V digital inputs and outputs, 5 V tolerant inputs
- SPI, I2C, UART, CAN, JTAG, ROM logic, custom protocols, and more
Programmable Power Supplies:
- 0.5 V to 5 V and -0.5 V to -5 V variable power supplies
- Up to 800 mA per channel when used with an auxiliary power source
- Additional software instruments including:
- Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, and Impedance Analyzer
- Protocol Analyzer, virtual digital I/O such as buttons, switches, LEDs
- Data logging, Voltmeter, in-app scripting
- SDK for hardware control in C, C++, Python, and other languages
- Support for LabVIEW and MATLAB
- And much more
- HTC: 8471809000
- ECCN: 3A992.a
*Note: To achieve maximum bandwidth, use of the
BNC Adapter for Analog Discovery is required.
▶ What's Included
Recommended Accessories (Not Included with Analog Discovery 3):
What is WaveForms?
The following instruments are available in the WaveForms application for the Analog Discovery 3:
- Waveform Generator
- Power Supplies
- Data Logger
- Logic Analyzer
- Pattern Generator
- Static I/O
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Network Analyzer
- Impedance Analyzer
- Curve Tracer
- Protocol Analyzer
- Script Editor
For even more customization potential, the WaveForms Software Development Kit (SDK) can be used to create custom applications and scripts in Python, C, and additional languages. The Analog Discovery 3 is also compatible with LabVIEW and the Mathworks MATLAB Data Acquisition Toolbox.
1 Year Subscription to Multisim Live
Every purchase of Analog Discovery 3 comes bundled with a complimentary one-year subscription to Multisim Live Premium after registration. Experience the best of both worlds: the power and portability of the AD3, paired with the advanced circuit design and simulation capabilities of Multisim Live Premium.
- Intuitive User Interface: Multisim Live Premium offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it easy to design and simulate circuits.
- Expanded Component Library: From resistors and capacitors to transistors and integrated circuits, you'll have access to a comprehensive collection of components to design and simulate complex circuits.
- Advanced Simulation Capabilities: Take advantage of advanced simulation capabilities to analyze circuit behavior. Perform Monte Carlo analysis to evaluate component variations, explore parameter sweeping to study circuit responses under different conditions, and simulate complex mixed-signal circuits with ease.
- Collaboration and Sharing: Experience seamless collaboration on circuit designs. Work together with colleagues, classmates, or project partners in real-time, making design iterations, sharing insights, and collaborating on projects effortlessly. It's a great tool for team-based projects and fostering a collaborative learning environment.
30-day Trial of EveryMeasure with 5GB and 5 Users
EveryMeasure is an upcoming cloud solution that makes it easy for anyone to tap into the power of the cloud for test and measurement data. Your purchase of an AD3 unlocks a 30 day trial with 5gb of storage and 5 users when it launches. With EveryMeasure you can do things like:
- Convert test and measurement data into Streams; a time-series database file optimized for lightning fast querying, and exploration
- No-code IoT logging with automated rules and alerts
- Downsample data and create visualizations without having to write any code
- Collaborate from anywhere with built in text and graphical annotations and a familiar shared file system.
The resource center for the Analog Discovery 3 is the central hub of technical content for the device, and contains everything to get started and reduce mean time to test. This includes a getting started guide, documentation, tutorials on each instrument, example projects, and a link to technical support.