The MYD-AM335X-Y is another model of development board based on Texas Instruments (TI) Sitara AM335x family of ARM Cortex-A8 Microprocessors (MPUs) designed by MYIR. Compared to MYIR’s MYD-AM335X board, it is a reduced function device which is to meet customers’ simple requirement but additionally, the board features an on-board WiFi module to allow wireless network capabilities. This board is using the MCC-AM335X-Y CPU module as the core controller board and connected to base board through 1.27mm pitch 146-pin stamp hole interface. The board can work in harsh environment supporting -40 to+85 Celsius extended temperature operation for industrial embedded applications.
The TI AM335x consists of 6 pin-pin compatible devices (AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358 and AM3359) with various options including speed grades, packages, graphics and peripherals. MYIR is using the 15x15 mm, 0.8-mm ball pitch, ZCZ package AM335x ARM CPU on the MCC-AM335X-Y CPU Module which is an COM (Computer on Module) and has the core components AM335x processor, 256MB DDR3 SDRAM, 256MB Nand Flash, Gigabit Ethernet PHY chip and Power Management IC on board and can be served as the core of your embedded system.
The MYD-AM335X-Y base board has extended many features and peripherals with the support of the MCC-AM335X-Y CPU Module and some extended controller chips including one Debug port, one USB Host ports, one USB OTG port, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, one CAN, one RS485, one Micro SD, Audio, Buzzer, WiFi, LCD, Touch screen, JTAG and some more peripheral signals from two 20-pin extension interfaces.
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board (top-view)
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board (bottom-view)
User can integrate a different MCC-AM335X-Y module on the same base board, thus making six variants of evaluation boards. The differences are depending on the AM335x Cotex-A8 CPU features with various options including speed grades, packages, graphics and peripherals. The image below gives a brief overview of options.
AM335x Devices Features
The MYD-AM335X-Y board comes with Linux 3.2.0 software packages, detailed documents, necessary cable accessories as well as optional 4.3- or 7-inch LCD (with touch screen) module, USB WiFi, camera, GPS and GPRS modules to provide an AM335x starter kit and enable a quickly start of evaluation of AM335x Cortex-A8 MPUs.
Dimensions: 90mm x 118mm (base board), 65mm x 35mm (CPU Module) PCB Layers: 4-layer design (base board), 10-layer design (CPU Module) Power supply: +5V/2A (base board), +5V/0.8A (CPU Module) Working temperature: 0~70 Celsius (commercial grade) or -40~85 Celsius (industrial grade)
The MYD-AM335X-Y Controller Board (MCC-AM335X-Y CPU Module)
- TI AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358, AM3359 (15x15 mm, 0.8-mm ball pitch, ZCZ package)
- Up to 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 32-bit RISC MPU
- NEON™ SIMD Coprocessor
- 32KB/32KB of L1 Instruction/Data Cache with Single-Error Detection (parity)
- 256KB of L2 Cache with Error Correcting Code (ECC)
- SGX530 Graphics Engine
- Programmable Real-Time Unit Subsystem
- 256MB DDR3 SDRAM (128MB/512MB compatible)
- 256MB Nand Flash (128MB/512MB compatible)
- 32Kb EEPROM
Peripherals and Signals Routed to Pins
- On-board Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- External Watchdog circuit
- Power Management IC (TPS65217C)
- One power indicator (Red LED)
- One user LED (Green)
- 1.27mm pitch 146-pin stamp hole interface can carry out peripherals below:
- 2 x USB OTG 2.0
- Up to 6 x Serial ports
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 x I2C
- 1 x SPI
- 8 x ADC
- 2 x PWM
- 2 x SDIO
The MYD-AM335X-Y Base Board
- Serial ports - 1 x 3-wire RS232 Debug serial port (DB9)
- USB - 1 x USB2.0 Host port
- 2 x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet interfaces
- 1 x WiFi Module
- 1 x CAN interface (with isolation)
- 1 x TF card slot
- 1 x LCD interface (16-bit true color, supports optional 4.3-inch TFT LCD)
- 1 x 4-wire resistive touch screen interface
- 1 x Audio input port (3.5mm jack)
- 1 x Stereo Audio output port (3.5mm jack
- 1 x Buzzer
- 1x 2.0mm pitch 10-pin JTAG interface
- 4 x Buttons (1 x Reset button, 2 x User buttons, 1 x Power button)
- 1 x Power indicator (Red LED)
- 2 x 2.0mm 20-pin expansion connectors
- 3 x ADC - 1 x DCAN
- 1 x RS485 (with isolation)
- 1 x USB2.0 OTG port
- 2 x I2C
- 1 x UART
- Linux 3.2.0
The TI AM335x microprocessors, based on the ARM Cortex-A8, operating at up to 1GHz, are enhanced with image, graphics processing, peripherals and industrial interface options such as EtherCAT and PROFIBUS. The device supports the following high-level operating systems (HLOSs) that are available free of charge from TI:
The AM335x microprocessor contains these subsystems:
- Microprocessor unit (MPU) subsystem based on the ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor.
- POWERVR SGX™ Graphics Accelerator subsystem for 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming effects.
- The Programmable Real-Time Unit and Industrial Communication Subsystem (PRU-ICSS) is separate from the ARM core, allowing independent operation and clocking for greater efficiency and flexibility.
- The PRU-ICSS enables additional peripheral interfaces and real-time protocols such as EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, PROFIBUS, Ethernet Powerlink, Sercos, and others.
AM335x ARM Cortex™-A8 Processors
15x15mm, 0.8mm (ZCZ)
CPU Speed (MHz)
300, 600, 800, 1000
Core Internal Memory
64KB SRAM shared w/
On-chip L2 (KB)
External Memory Interface
DDR2/DDR3/DDR3L/mDDR (LPDDR), 2x16-bit, NAND ECC
Linux, Android, RTOS, Windows Embedded, no-OS
Other Hardware Acceleration
2 port switch
USB 2.0 OTG + PHY
6 UART, 2 SPI, 3 I2C, 2 McASP, 2 CAN, 8 Timers
EDMA, WDT, RTC, 3 eQEP, 3 eCAP, JTAG, ADC (8ch)
3 MMC/SD/SDIO, GPIO
Function Block Diagram of MYD-AM335X-Y
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board Function Block Diagram
Dimension Chart of MYD-AM335X-Y
MYIR’s AM335x Starter Kit MYD-AM335X-Y is provided with Linux software packages. Many peripheral drivers are in source code to help accelerate customers’ designs with a stable and reliable hardware and software platform. The software features are summarized as below:
The primary bootstrap (in source code)
The secondary bootstrap (in source code)
Linux kernel customized for MYD-AM335X-Y (in source code)
USB Host/Device/OTG driver (in source code)
Gigabit Ethernet driver (in source code)
MMC/SD/TF card driver (in source code)
NandFlash driver (in source code)
CAN driver (in source code)
RS485 driver (in source code)
Audio driver (in source code)
LCD driver, support 4.3-inch TFT LCD (in source code)
RTC driver (in source code)
Resistive Touch driver (in source code)
Capacitive Touch driver (KO driver file)
Botton driver (in source code)
UART driver (in source code)
LED driver (in source code)
GPIO driver (in source code)
Watchdog driver (in source code)
Provide tar package and ubi image file
Relative Download and Links
You can download relative chip datasheet, products datasheet, user manual, software package from below. Any inquiry, please contact MYIR.
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board (Top-view)
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board (bottom-view)
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board with 4.3-inch LCD
MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board
교환 및 반품안내
● 제조사별로 교환 정책이 상이하니 하단 고객센터 연락처로 문의 주시기 바랍니다.
● 제조사별로 환불 정책이 상이하니 하단 고객센터로 문의 주시기 바랍니다.
● 제조사별로 A/S정책이 상이하니 하단 고객센터로 문의 주시기 바랍니다.
글 작성시 설정한 비밀번호를 입력해 주세요.확인
상품이 장바구니에 담겼습니다.